March 4, 2016
DC Solar and Chip Ganassi Racing Bring Solar Technology to the Pit Lane
Team to Unveil Solar-Powered Generator Unit
DC Solar teams with Chip Ganassi Racing (CGR) to bring its patented mobile solar technology to the NASCAR XFINITY Series. Beginning with this weekend’s Boyd Gaming 300 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway (LVMS) the No. 48 team will utilize a newly designed solar-powered generator unit.
Notes of Interest
- What’s its Use: The generator is used for cooling down the engine after practice and qualifying runs as well as heating the engine oil to optimum operating temperatures. Together, DC Solar and CGR are identifying strategic opportunities to integrate mobile solar solutions within the CGR organization and broaden sustainability options across the NASCAR industry
- In Addition to: As the off-grid mobile solar partner for LVMS, DC Solar is providing six solar-powered charging stations for electric vehicles at this year’s event. Twelve electric vehicle owners will be chosen at random to receive free parking for each day of the race weekend. DC Solar is also providing 10 LED mobile solar light towers that will be used throughout the LVMS property this weekend. The light towers will run after sunset using solar energy stored during the day, providing fans with ample lighting in strategic areas in a safe and clean way.
- Jeff Carpoff, President & CEO, DC Solar: “Our objective has always been to find innovative applications for our mobile solar technology in NASCAR, and now, with our partners at Chip Ganassi Racing, we are excited to show the game-changing contributions DC Solar’s patented technology will make to the sport. Our solar-powered generator unit is just the beginning.”
- Steve Lauletta, President, Chip Ganassi Racing Teams: “This announcement is really exciting news for our team, but it is also a testament to our sport which is making great strides in becoming greener. It’s also a perfect example of our partner DC Solar using their core business to benefit both our organization and theirs. We are looking forward to working with them on other advancements in technology they may bring to us in the future.”
- Brennan Poole, Driver No. 48 DC Solar Chevrolet Camaro: “I am excited and proud to represent DC Solar on the track. They have been such an important part to my career. It’s really cool to see their technology work its way into the NASCAR industry. I certainly want to give them the best race I can on Saturday and as we run for a championship.”
About DC Solar:
DC Solar is a clean energy company that specializes in mobile solar products with applications ranging from outdoor lighting to electric vehicle (EV) charging. DC Solar serves a variety of industries, including emergency preparedness, disaster relief, construction, entertainment, sports and agriculture, to name just a few. DC Solar’s mission is to promote a healthier planet by offering unique solar products that make a difference in how people use and think about power. You can find and follow DC Solar at faceboook.com/dcsolarsolutions, and on Twitter at @DCSolar.
To learn more about DC Solar please visit www.dcsolardistribution.com
About Chip Ganassi Racing:
Chip Ganassi has been a fixture in the auto racing industry for over 25 years and is considered one of the most successful as well as innovative owners the sport has anywhere in the world. Today his teams include four cars in the Verizon IndyCar Series, two cars in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, two cars in the NASCAR XFINITY Series, two factory Ford GT’s in the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship, two factory Ford GT’s in the FIA World Endurance Championship and two Supercars in Red Bull Global Rallycross. Overall his teams have 18 championships and 170 victories, including four Indianapolis 500s, a Daytona 500, a Brickyard 400 and six Rolex 24 At Daytonas and the 12 Hours of Sebring. Ganassi boasts state-of-the-art race shop facilities in Indianapolis and Concord, N.C., with a corporate office in Pittsburgh, Pa.
For more information log onto www.chipganassiracing.com