DC Solar Continues Partnership with Chip Ganassi Racing on 2016 Full Season NASCAR XFINITY Series Entry
Brennan Poole to Compete for the 2016 Championship in the No. 48 Chevy Camaro
CONCORD, N.C. (February 11, 2016) – Chip Ganassi Racing (CGR) announced today that DC Solar will return as the season-long partner on the No. 48 Chevy Camaro with Brennan Poole behind the wheel. Poole (24), will compete for the NASCAR XFINITY Series championship and Sunoco Rookie of the Year honors in 2016. Veteran XFINITY Series Crew Chief Chad Norris will lead the DC Solar sponsored team.
Poole shared seat time in 2015 with 2014 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Rookie of the Year Kyle Larson and road-course specialist Justin Marks. The Woodlands, Texas native competed in 17 NASCAR XFINITY Series races in 2015, scoring two top-10s and 10 top-15 finishes.
Notes of Interest
- Return Engagement:The 2016 season will mark the second season in NASCAR competition for DC Solar.
- Sophomore Campaign: Poole will begin his championship bid in the 2016 XFINITY Series opener on Saturday, February 20 at the famed Daytona International Speedway in Daytona Beach, Fla. Poole has made 18 starts in two of the three NASCAR National Touring Series, NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (one start) and NASCAR XFINITY Series (17 starts).
- Jeff Carpoff, President & CEO, DC Solar:“DC Solar is proud of how the 2015 season with Brennan and the entire team progressed. As a company we learned a lot about the sport and look forward to running for a championship in 2016.”
- Steve Lauletta, President, Chip Ganassi Racing Teams: “We are very excited to welcome DC Solar back for the full XFINITY Series schedule in 2016. It’s great to see the enthusiasm they have for our organization and the sport of NASCAR. We certainly look forward to supporting their continued use of the race program to promote their business. Brennan did a nice job after running a limited schedule in 2015 and we are excited to watch him battle as a full time XFINITY Series driver in 2016.”
- Brennan Poole, Driver No. 48 DC Solar Chevrolet Camaro:“It’s an honor and a dream to be able to compete full-time and race for a championship. A huge thank you goes to all the folks at DC Solar and CGR for giving me this great opportunity. I learned a lot competing in the XFINITY Series on a part-time basis in 2015, which I believe sets me up for an even better 2016.”
About Chip Ganassi Racing:
Chip Ganassi has been a fixture in the auto racing industry for over 25 years and is considered one of the most successful as well as innovative owners the sport has anywhere in the world. Today his teams include four cars in the Verizon IndyCar Series, two cars in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, two cars in the NASCAR XFINITY Series, two cars in the WeatherTeach SportsCar Championship. Overall his teams have 18 championships and over 160 victories, including four Indianapolis 500s, a Daytona 500, a Brickyard 400, six Rolex 24 At Daytonas and the 12 Hours of Sebring. Ganassi boasts state-of-the-art race shop facilities in Indianapolis and Brownsburg, Ind. and Concord, N.C., with a corporate office in Pittsburgh, Pa.
For more information log onto www.chipganassiracing.com
About DC Solar:
DC Solar is a clean energy company that specializes in mobile solar products with applications ranging from outdoor lighting to electric vehicle (EV) charging. DC Solar serves a variety of industries, including emergency preparedness, disaster relief, construction, entertainment, sports and agriculture, to name just a few. DC Solar’s mission is to promote a healthier planet by offering unique solar products that make a difference in how people use and think about power. You can find and follow DC Solar at faceboook.com/dcsolarsolutions, and on Twitter at @DCSolar.