January 1, 2014
The Original Power Source
- In one second, our sun processes enough energy to meet the current needs of the entire earth for 500,000 years.
- It would take only 0.3 per cent of the world’s land area to supply all of our electricity needs using solar power.
- Solar energy does not emit any green house gases.
- The more electricity and heat that we convert from the sun’s rays decreases our reliance and dependence on fossil fuels and on imported sources of energy.
- One kW of power generated from solar panels prevents: 150lbs of coal from being mined, 300 lbs of CO2 from being emitted and 105 gallons of water from being consumed.